Monday, February 28, 2011

Is there non-religious, non-12 step drug treatment available?

I hope I have a family to deal with depression and subsequent drug abuse help. It will only be accepted if it came from a medical or psychological reasons. Can anyone help? Answer: Although I have no problem with a spiritual perspective, I do not know will be received by a family member of a spiritually based program. hopefully at some point this person will be open to a higher power. at this point I just want to help them in a way that they can receive. I do not know. Sorry. But my question is: Why different program than a 12 step 12 steps when you are recognized as the most effective non-(allows the viewer to have a god of their choice, repeat all, or not recognize, because it fits better!) chemical treatment, twelve step programs categorically state:? This program is not religious but spiritual. Just to tell you what I learned about each step 12 programe that only one person in a power greater than themselves is not God who created the world thinks. Apparently, that all steps take time to do. But maybe if your parents how she feels that this is something more than itself - even Mother Nature? If they do not understand it or not, or why they do not want to step 12 program, there are many who are drug and alcohol rehabs and some good consultants proffessional they may want a watch or two times a week or whatever they are agreement. I do not know where you are, but if you call your local hospital, I'm sure they know where to point you in the right direction. Other than that, if your parents are still using, and if they are in a hospital also show depressed hospitals legally obligated to help them. Maybe put them in a parish to "dry" and get some antidepressants events. I hope it goes well x is a program called Rational Recovery, but is not available everywhere, if you connect to a recovery center sites to which they relate. Just for the record, all 12-step programs based on the medical model of substance abuse, but to incorporate a spiritual component. I agree with Amber on rational recovery. This is a book on the subject, you may be able to find at the library or used books. I heard an interview with someone talking about the 12 step programs. He said the higher power can be anything up to a truck. Sorry, but I never could believe that a truck (or something other than me) is responsible for my behavior. It is a real band output. "The devil made me do it." Also - if the family member has committed itself firmly to the change, no agenda. Many people who want to quit drinking have a hard time with "God" concept. I hope it goes well x is a program called Rational Recovery, but is not available everywhere, if you connect to a recovery center sites to which they relate. Just for the record, all 12-step programs based on the medical model of substance abuse, but to incorporate a spiritual component. I agree with Amber on rational recovery. This is a book on the subject, you may be able to find at the library or used books. I heard an interview with someone talking about the 12 step programs. He said the higher power can be anything up to a truck. Sorry, but I never could believe that a truck (or something other than me) is responsible for my behavior. It is a real band output. "The devil made me do it." Also - if the family member has committed itself firmly to the change, no agenda. Many people who want to quit drinking have a hard time with "God" concept. I hope it goes well x is a program called Rational Recovery, but is not available everywhere, if you connect to a recovery center sites to which they relate. Just for the record, all 12-step programs based on the medical model of substance abuse, but to incorporate a spiritual component. I agree with Amber on rational recovery. This is a book on the subject, you may be able to find at the library or used books. I heard an interview with someone talking about the 12 step programs. He said the higher power can be anything up to a truck. Sorry, but I never could believe that a truck (or something other than me) is responsible for my behavior. It is a real band output. "The devil made me do it." Also - if the family member has committed itself firmly to the change, no agenda. Many people who want to quit drinking have a hard time with "God" concept.

0 comments:

Post a Comment